Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Happy Birthday, Baba..



He's no longer in this world.
He's gone for almost 19 years now.
But the pain of losing him is as much as it was only happened yesterday.
If he's here, today would be his 55th Birthday.

Happy Birthday, Baba! 

Never a day passed by without me thinking of you. Each time I pray I make du'a for you. May Allah Taala forgive your sins and grant you Jannatul Firdaus.

NEVER ONCE by AZLINDA AZNI

Never once have I forgotten about him
Never once have I stopped missing him
Never once have I forgotten how he looked like
His face, his smile, his voice, his smell....
The Gudang Garam he used to smoke and how particular he was about his coffee...
His jokes, his laugh, his habit...
How he tended to us and stay awake all through the night when we were sick...
His temper when he had a toothache...


It's been almost 19 years since he's gone
To me it feels like yesterday
It still hurts like hell 

But I know life must go on 
Sometimes the pain is too much to bear
I have no choice but to stay strong

May Allah forgive your sins
May Allah grant you Jannahtul Firdaus
We will always make du'a for you
You are gone, but never forgotten
Our love for you remains the same
FOREVER.

I've created the above poem about 4 years ago.
I've posted it in my FB notes.
And today on his birthday, I want to share it with you guys.
I did some alteration, though..but not so much.
Still, it's my original piece. Not a copy-paste from others :)

Al Fatihah for my Baba, Allahyarham Azni bin Abdul Hamid.

No comments:

Post a Comment